Don't you just love summer in the city?
Here's our guide to the very best that London has to offer this month - go on, make a date of it...
1) Film 4 Summer Screen at Somerset House (Somerset House: 29th July - 8th August)
It's here at last and we're besotted. Huge screen + beautiful setting + picnic + date = unbeatable romance.
2) Great British Beer Festival (Earls Court: 3rd - 7th August)
This one doesn't need much explanation. Based in Earls Court it brings together the best ales, ciders, perries and international beers for you to enjoy. Cheers.
3) London Festival Fringe (Multiple venues: 6th - 30th August)
A London based alternative to the famous Edinburgh Fringe, the London Festival Fringe brings you an extravaganza of art, performance and entertainment. There really is something for everyone.
4) Canary Wharf Jazz Festival (Canada Square: 13th - 15th August)
A fabulous musical celebration with traditional and modern jazz, jazz-funk, Latin rhythms, soul and instrumental. Jazz veteran or novice, this is perfect summers evening entertainment.
5) South West Four (Clapham Common: 28th - 29th August)
"The biggest DJs in the world… the best weekend of your life". I think that just about sums it up!
6) Notting Hill Carnival (Notting Hill: 29th - 30th August)
London's very own Caribbean carnival. Steel bands, scores of incredible floats and mile upon mile of stalls, this is a three day party you won't forget.
7) Festival Brazil (Southbank: 19th June - 5th September)
Brazil comes to London for 11weeks of incredible music, dance, literature and visual arts. They've even built a giant model favela - incredible.
8) Proms 2010 (Royal Albert Hall:16th July - 11th October)
Classical concerts gallore in one of London's most beautiful venues. Be a part of it.