Tuesday 2 October 2012

Primrose Hill & Yumchaa

Here's a guest post from an inspired 'Great Dater' who wrote in with such a gem of a date that we asked her to tell you all about it...

My boyfriend surprised me with a trip to London Zoo for our second date, but it wasn't the monkeys and armadillos that made it so unforgettable. We took a detour through Regent's Park and came across Primrose Hill. It may not look very steep from the bottom but I can guarantee it is worth the embarrassing breathlessness for the views at the top. We sat snuggled up on a bench looking out over a gorgeous view of london and it couldn't have been any more romantic. 



It was mid March and still quite cold so we decided to stop off for a spot of tea on the way home and stumbled across a place called Yumchaa near to Camden tube station. It has hundreds of flavoured teas to choose from, delicious home-made cake and the furniture is completely mismatched and kooky which gives the place a lovely charm and atmosphere. I felt so cozy with my wooly hat on, clasping the cup to warm up my hands, but it's not just a pick me up for the cold weather. I returned recently on a very hot day this summer and they were serving iced tea. It was just as lovely as I'd remembered and we sat on the sofas by the window, people watching for hours. I'm so glad that I didn't bother searching my voucher apps for a 2-4-1 deal in Cafe Rouge! Yumchaa is one of my most favourite places in London (second to Primrose Hill) and made the best date imaginable even better.

Thanks Danielle!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say I really like your blog… keep up the great work! photographer primrose hill

    ReplyDelete